Cleaning is one of those necessary evils that I hate doing but if you don’t do it your world seems to fall apart around you. I don’t know about you but if I don’t have a daily schedule in place I forget to do something and then it mounts up and before you know it, I’ve lost the cat under the laundry.
I’ve always been one of those people who function better when their house is tidy. It’s almost like the “Tidy house, tidy mind” mantra. That said, I have to try extremely hard in order to keep our house looking half decent because I have two tiny tearaways and a husband to keep on top of. Plus I’m not a naturally tidy person either.
Sometimes we are so busy that the ball gets dropped and our house can look like a bombs hit it but if I try to keep on top of this routine then I don’t fear the doorbell going if visitors decide to drop by.
My cleaning routine
These tasks need to be carried out daily in order for our house to function normally. If any of these get missed then it is disaster zone.
- Empty Dishwasher
- Re-load dishwasher
- Put a load of laundry on (Seriously, we have so much laundry. I swear there’s someone else that lives in our house that I haven’t met yet. It’s just a never ending task)
- Pick toys up
- Wipe the kitchen sides down
- Empty the bins
- Hoover living room
- Sweep kitchen and hallway floor
- Wipe toilet/bathroom down with Antibacterial wipes
- Fold and put away clean laundry
If I keep on top of these little tasks they can be done easily in no more than 15-20 minutes which is realistic for our household. Most of the tasks I do in the morning so they are done for the day and others (such as tidy up toys, I do all day!!)
- Dust all rooms
- Hoover all rooms
- Change bedding on all beds
- Clean fridge out
- Iron (ha! – I laugh because I despise it. I “iron” once a week if it’s desperate or If I have to choose between that and stabbing myself in the eye)
- Clean inside of windows
- Wipe down skirting boards
What do you think to my cleaning schedule? Do you do more or less than me?
Do you have a cleaning schedule? I’d love to hear from you!