Valentine’s day is fast approaching and although hubby and I don’t splash out on this day (we get each other a card and a small token gift) I’ve put together my “wish list” for what would be my dream gifts this Valentine’s day. Massive hints here if you’re reading this hubby!
- Perfume. Always a good choice for the ladies and I particularly like the Gucci Premiere perfume at the minute. It’s a lovely fragrance for night time. It retails at around £49 and if you buy it from Boots you can collect your points too. Bonus! Gucci Premiere perfume
2. Ives Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Perfect for those mums that aren’t quiet getting their 8hrs sleep every night as it hides even the darkest of circles. This lovely little gift set comes with a primer too. Touche Eclat gift set
3. Jo Malone Candle (Pomegranate Noir) . I love candles! And this particular candle has been on my wish list for quite some time. It’s a little bit pricey for a candle but it smells absolutely divine! A perfect gift for the lady who has everything! Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir Candle
4. Chocolates. Good for people on a smaller budget and lovely to receive. My favourite would have to be Ferrero Rocher which can be purchased in most supermarkets.
5. DVD box set. To whatever you taste is but I’ve been dying to watch Pretty little liars for ages! I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. DVD box sets are a nice treat one the little ones are in bed and you have a chance to relax. Pretty Little liars DVD box set
6. Jewellery. Any Jewellery goes down quite nicely with most ladies but I particularly like earrings and these ones from Tiffany are absolutely gorgeous. These ones are £205 but they come in a blue and white box so expect the price tag! Tiffany Paloma Picasso earrings
That’s it for my Valentine’s day wish list. I’d be happy with number 4 but if I got any of the others I’d be a very lucky lady indeed. For now though there’s no harm in dreaming is there? What would be included in your Valentine’s day wish list? I’d love to hear from you!
When it’s a cold, wet day and I have little option than to spend my days indoors with an active toddler, I can sometimes find it difficult to entertain her and stop her from getting bored so usually in an afternoon we do some sort of craft or baking activity. These activities usually only last around 15-20mins before K looses interest so they have to be quick and simple
and easy to clean up *ahem*. One baking activity that I love to do with her is the simple cookie recipe. We have made these cookies endless times and they are great for toddlers as it is so simple. Plus you can theme them however you like. Given that valentines day is just around the corner, we decided to make some valentine heart shaped cookies.
Gather all your ingredients up
For the cookies –
250g butter (softened)
320g sieved plain flour
125g sieved icing sugar
1 tablespoon of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the toping –
15ml of warm water
a few drops of red food colouring
hundreds and thousand sprinkles
For the cookies:
Prep| 30 mins Cook| 12mins
- Preheat oven 170 degrees C/ gas mark 3
- Mix the butter in a bowl until creamed then add the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough is formed
- Knead dough until smooth then place on a surface and roll out to about 6mm thick
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out dough pieces and place on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 12 minutes
- One cooked, remove the cookies from the oven and place on a cooling rack until hardened.
Do not try to ice the cookies until they have completely cooled down.
For the icing:
- Sift 125g of icing sugar in to a bowl. Gradually add 15mls (1Tbsp) of warm water until the icing becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add a few drops of red food colouring to the icing and stir
- Cover the top of the cookies with the icing and add sprinkles as desired.
She loved stirring the ingredients together
The finished result
It’s safe to say that Daddy was very much over the moon when K presented him with her cookie and told him that he was her valentine!
What do you like to do to entertain your children? I love for you to give me some ideas!!!
Happy Valentines Day!